A lengthy and emotionally charged piece on how the author views recent racism practices at Founders Brewing, and the craft beer community’s muted reaction, as a microcosm for American society’s double standard regarding injustices like worker wages or sexism versus those of a racist nature. Supporting her claim of “selective outrage” on the part of craft beer drinkers, the author sites the significant backlash regarding recent controversies at Trillium (worker wages) and Great Lakes Brewing (misogyny/sexism), contrasted with the relative lack of reaction over the racial incidents at Founders Brewing.
- Fall Flight Night: Amherst Brewing, Artifact Cider And Atkins Farm Are Teaming Up To Put On The Most Fall Event Of The Season
- Harpoon Brewery Teams Up With Double Down Brewing Company To Support Rett Syndrome Charities
- Portico Brewing’s New Somerville Brewery and Taproom Coming Soon
- Growler Power’s Innovation Revolutionizes the Refillable Growler So Craft Drinkers Can “Pour Proudly”
- A Big Box O’ Beer: Harpoon Brewery and Dunkin’® Return for a Fifth Season, Introducing Three New Flavors