A lengthy and emotionally charged piece on how the author views recent racism practices at Founders Brewing, and the craft beer community’s muted reaction, as a microcosm for American society’s double standard regarding injustices like worker wages or sexism versus those of a racist nature. Supporting her claim of “selective outrage” on the part of craft beer drinkers, the author sites the significant backlash regarding recent controversies at Trillium (worker wages) and Great Lakes Brewing (misogyny/sexism), contrasted with the relative lack of reaction over the racial incidents at Founders Brewing.
- This Beer Gives Back: Castle Island Launches Fiver Initiative
- Bent Water Brewing Company Expands Distribution to Rhode Island
- Jack’s Abby Pairs Well with Championships
- Kane’s Donuts Releases Limited-Edition Seasonal Donut Using Lord Hobo Brewing Company’s Godmother Imperial Stout
- Massachusetts Breweries By The Numbers: Updated Infographic