A lengthy and emotionally charged piece on how the author views recent racism practices at Founders Brewing, and the craft beer community’s muted reaction, as a microcosm for American society’s double standard regarding injustices like worker wages or sexism versus those of a racist nature. Supporting her claim of “selective outrage” on the part of craft beer drinkers, the author sites the significant backlash regarding recent controversies at Trillium (worker wages) and Great Lakes Brewing (misogyny/sexism), contrasted with the relative lack of reaction over the racial incidents at Founders Brewing.
- Brewer’s Alley Kicks Off Fourth Pop-Up of the Summer with Lord Hobo Brewing Company
- Truly Hard Seltzer Taps Actor Keegan-Michael Key for New Advertising Campaign Challenging Drinkers to Break Away from Beer, Wine and Spirits
- Castle Island Toasts to Tradition with New Lager, Wundergold
- Sierra Nevada Challenges Thompson’s Point Summer Concert-Goers to Use the Portland Trails by Offering Free Bike Valet
- Artifact Cider Project Announces Taproom Opening Weekend