Informative article from Kate Bernot (Ask Kate About Beer), columnist at The Takeout, on the recycling viability of beer cans with stick-on vinyl or shrink-wrapped labels. It goes pretty deep into the recycling processes and sustainability practices various breweries. Good news if you care about the environment is that there are so few of these cans out there that it’s probably viable for now. If more and more breweries start using them, though, it could become a problem. Best bet: peel or cut the label off if possible, before throwing that can in the recycling bin.
- Gentile Brewing Company Collaborates With South Africa’s Beer is Art for a Sorghum Pilsner
- U.S. Open Beer Championship Announces the Best Kokua Project IPAs
- Cozy Fan-Favorite Brews for Winter & Holiday Gifting
- Night Shift Brewing Launches Golden Nite Contest
- Narragansett Beer Pays Tribute To Big Crosby With White Christmas Winter Warmer