Informative article from Kate Bernot (Ask Kate About Beer), columnist at The Takeout, on the recycling viability of beer cans with stick-on vinyl or shrink-wrapped labels. It goes pretty deep into the recycling processes and sustainability practices various breweries. Good news if you care about the environment is that there are so few of these cans out there that it’s probably viable for now. If more and more breweries start using them, though, it could become a problem. Best bet: peel or cut the label off if possible, before throwing that can in the recycling bin.
- Brew Roots Podcast 117: Gilded Skull Brewing
- Kane’s Donuts and Sons of Liberty Spirits Co. Collaborate to Craft Whiskey Glazed Donut in Honor of Father’s Day
- Clown Shoes Introduces Rainbows Are Real, A Hazy IPA Brewed With Terpenes
- Harpoon Brewery Unveils a Fresh New Look for its Iconic IPA
- Brew Roots Podcast 116: Moonlight Meadery