Informative article from Kate Bernot (Ask Kate About Beer), columnist at The Takeout, on the recycling viability of beer cans with stick-on vinyl or shrink-wrapped labels. It goes pretty deep into the recycling processes and sustainability practices various breweries. Good news if you care about the environment is that there are so few of these cans out there that it’s probably viable for now. If more and more breweries start using them, though, it could become a problem. Best bet: peel or cut the label off if possible, before throwing that can in the recycling bin.
- Selective Outrage: Does Inclusion Include Us?
- Kick Starter Campaign Could Help Dream Come True for Sick Homebrewer
- Pink Boots: Mass. Brewing Industry Is A National Leader in Woman Participation
- Active Lifestyle Brewer ZēLUS Announces Plans For Medfield Brewery & Taproom
- In Vinocervisia Veritas: The Rise of Wine Beers