Informative article from Kate Bernot (Ask Kate About Beer), columnist at The Takeout, on the recycling viability of beer cans with stick-on vinyl or shrink-wrapped labels. It goes pretty deep into the recycling processes and sustainability practices various breweries. Good news if you care about the environment is that there are so few of these cans out there that it’s probably viable for now. If more and more breweries start using them, though, it could become a problem. Best bet: peel or cut the label off if possible, before throwing that can in the recycling bin.
- True North Ale Company Launches KESTREL American IPA
- Jack’s Abby Beer Garden Opens For The Season
- Harpoon Brewery Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Annual 5-Miler Race: Registration Now Open
- Rooftop Bar in Boston Partners with Jack’s Abby
- Night Shift Brewing’s Lovejoy Wharf Restaurant & Brewery And Owl’s Nest Beer Gardens Reopen In May