Informative article from Kate Bernot (Ask Kate About Beer), columnist at The Takeout, on the recycling viability of beer cans with stick-on vinyl or shrink-wrapped labels. It goes pretty deep into the recycling processes and sustainability practices various breweries. Good news if you care about the environment is that there are so few of these cans out there that it’s probably viable for now. If more and more breweries start using them, though, it could become a problem. Best bet: peel or cut the label off if possible, before throwing that can in the recycling bin.
- Mass Brewers Guild Partners with Speakfully
- Time Out Market Boston Hosts New England Beer Festival on January 22 & 23
- It’s Back! ‘Tis The Season For Narragansett Lager Ski Can!
- UMASS and NBA Legend – Marcus Camby partners with MA based Brewery White Lion
- Night Shift Brewing Brings Back Fluffy Hazy New England IPA