Informative article from Kate Bernot (Ask Kate About Beer), columnist at The Takeout, on the recycling viability of beer cans with stick-on vinyl or shrink-wrapped labels. It goes pretty deep into the recycling processes and sustainability practices various breweries. Good news if you care about the environment is that there are so few of these cans out there that it’s probably viable for now. If more and more breweries start using them, though, it could become a problem. Best bet: peel or cut the label off if possible, before throwing that can in the recycling bin.
- Early New England craft beer champion Ken “Lucky” Spolsino passes away
- ALS Therapy Development Institute Hosts “The Great Boston Chili Bowl”
- Exhibit ‘A’ Brewing Becomes PakTech Recycling Partner Drop Off Location
- Loophole & Baronscourt Announce International Collaboration
- 2020 Brings Big Changes To The Mass Brewers Guild