Well written piece from Dave Infante on how brewery workers at craft beer pioneer Anchor Brewing, purchased by brewing conglomerate Sapporo in 2017 (and therefore no longer considered “craft” by the Brewers Association), are unionizing. As one of the workers puts it, “if we don’t organize now, who know’s what they’re going to do next.” The story also details how U.S. brewery workers have struggled with siding wages during the last decade, and makes mention of the recent Trillium controversy, sighting that “prominent craft breweries have been known to squeeze labor in order to grow in a challenging market.”
- Lord Hobo Announces Keith Gabbett as New Head Brewmaster
- Mass Brewers Guild Partners with Speakfully
- Time Out Market Boston Hosts New England Beer Festival on January 22 & 23
- It’s Back! ‘Tis The Season For Narragansett Lager Ski Can!
- UMASS and NBA Legend – Marcus Camby partners with MA based Brewery White Lion