The Wall Street Journal reports that beer makers from Sam Adams to Prairie Artisan Ales to Sierra Nevada are sitting on suds worth tens of millions of dollars while they wait for federal approval. With the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) closed, existing breweries are unable to gain approval for new labels and recipe formulations, while pending breweries and those planning expansions sit idle awaiting federal permits or licenses.
- Local beer enthusiasts can help make Quincy’s first craft brewery a reality
- How the Biggest Massachusetts Breweries Performed in 2018
- True North Ale Company Wins Awards at NABA
- Bikes and Beer: 5 Massachusetts Rail Trails That Lead to Breweries
- Wormtowm Brewery Forms Philanthropic Alliance With The Black Ale Project