Earlier today, Sam Adams put out an extensive press release on the opening of their new taproom at the existing Jamaica Plain Brewery. Give it a read if you have the time and patience. If not, here’s all you need to know about it, in just five sentences:
1. The new taproom debuts today (Friday November 10) at 11:00, stays open util 8:00, and will keep the same hours every Monday through Saturday (except for major holidays) from this point forward.
2. You can enjoy a flight, a full pour, or a crowler to-go of any of the nano brewery’s experimental brews including the Sam Adams New England IPA and other brewery exclusives, some on cask or nitro.
3. It’s got the look and feel of a typical craft brewery taproom, with bar seating and communal tables, a shuffleboard game, and comfy couches that lend a relaxed vibe.
4. The newly opened Bier Keller, a dark and climate-controlled cellaring area below the new Pickwick Tasting Room, houses some pretty amazing experimental beers like barrel-aged barleywines, oak-aged saisons, and scotch ales in whiskey barrels.
5. The two existing tasting rooms will remain unchanged, and there will be no interruption to their popular tours, such as Morning Mash-In, Beyond The Brewhouse, or The Barrel-Aged Experience.