- This event has passed.
American Beer Day
October 27, 2018
NATIONAL AMERICAN BEER DAY is observed annually by beer drinkers across the nation on October 27.
There are more than 7,000 breweries that manufacture beer in the United States. They range in size from industry giants to brew pubs and microbreweries.
- Prohibition in the early twentieth century caused nearly all American breweries to close.
- After prohibition was repealed the industry had consolidated into a small number of large-scale breweries.
- The majority of the new breweries in the U.S. are small breweries and brewpubs, who, as members of the Brewers Association, are termed “craft breweries” to differentiate them from the larger and older breweries.
- The most common style of beer produced by the big breweries is American lager.
- Most of the smaller breweries, which were founded in the 1980s, produce a range of styles.
- Beer styles originating in the United States include:
American pale ale, Pennsylvania porter, American IPA, steam beer, amber ale, cream ale and Cascadian dark ale.
To celebrate National American Beer Day, enjoy your favorite American Beer. Remember, always drink responsibly and never drink and drive. Use #AmericanBeerDay to post on social media.